Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What it feels like to feel alive? part 2



There are things you like in life. There are things you love. And then there are things -- just little things -- that turn this often punishing world into an endless carnival of delight. Here are a few of mine:

The way only my dear friend Becky can make me laugh until I'm in physical pain. Maybe it's because she has 25 years of practice, but nobody can make me laugh like her, until I'm gasping and cursing at her to stop. In additional: my lately found laughing bug Minty who tops Becky in the rank recently.

A slice of really good pizza. The kind you get from little corner stores in oz, that you have to fold over to fit in your mouth and that funnels a little stream of grease onto the paper plate below,aww.. isn't that delicious on a shiver cold weather?

That feeling of butterflies flutter in the stomach on your first few dates, and that moment of anticipation before a first kiss. Who knows what will come of it, but in those breathless, heady moments before anything happens, things are just too perfect to care one way or the other.

Laying outside in perfect weather and doing nothing with dolphy. I would thank god for giving us the very best of everything in life.

The way my best friend gets more beautiful every time I see her. And i've been having the same mile a minute conversation with her since the day we met each other, 9 years ago. Every stretch of time we don't see each other feels like nothing more than a breath between thoughts. I guess that's how you know someone's going to be important to you forever, huh?

These little bits in life is what i cherished more than anything else. Perhaps, i don't ask for much in life. =)

Huh, I tried to think of more, but it seemed greedy to even list that many. What makes your world perfect?

No comments: