Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stuff..



Bright-Side

We'd like to be better at...starting tomorrow:

1. Walking my dog--The dog and I are super love to sloth in our comfort-zone, he needs some fresh air, i knew he loves the outdoors, but when it's raining? Or cold? Well, we just sit inside, and then one walkless day passes, then two...then all of a sudden, he's a crazy-pants animal and does weird OCD things. So yeah, I'd like to be better at walking the dog every day (at the least?).

2. Getting rid of things I have a feigned sentimental attachment to--Really? I really NEED to keep those old skool worn-out Tops because I used to love mini-Tee and because I used to love them, I should love them still? And they're somehow important to my life? No, TNR, no. Just donate the suckers already.

3. Losing touch with people--Yeah, there's Facebook, but I don't spend enough actual time with people who aren't in my immediate circle of friends. For shame. I really MISS my old co-workers, but for some reason, I don't ever make an effort to re-connect as much as I should.

4. Ignoring problems in the hope that they'll just go away--Well, this never works, does it. Crap.

5. Moving on from an unhealthy food choice--All the experts say that if you eat something you shouldn't, just forget about it and continue to eat healthily the rest of the day. But no...I get it into my head, "Well, I ate ONE pizza, and that ruins EVERYTHING, so I should just have icecream." I'm definitely getting better at this one, but that doesn't mean that there aren't days when the only green thing I'll eat happens to be a piece of candy.


Dark-Side


I'd Like to Say to People but Probably Can't (or Definitely Shouldn't)

I'm not a confrontational person at all, but there are phrases I'd love to utter at times, but social conventions keep my lips tightly sealed. Selections are:

● "You are a nasty, nasty child, and I dislike you very much"--Um, apparently, people don't like when you say these kinds of things to their children, even if those children are screaming bloody murder, hitting or biting their parents and siblings, or giving you a dirty look for no reason. And, honestly, I could somewhat forgive a child's bad behavior in a super market/mall, but NOT in a Hotel restaurant or library, where it's supposed to be quiet.

● "You look ridiculous"--There are some people that can carry off crazy hair and nake-up and over-the-top trends with ease. Usually, these people are in the habit of changing their look regularly, and they have a sense of who they are. It's the people that try trends and miss the mark that make me roll my eyes so far into the back of my head I can see my brain stem. Those are TIGHTS, not LEGGINGS you're wearing. You are PANTSLESS.

● "Try to imagine how little I care"--I want to say that abt a million times a day.

● "I don't know who you are and I wish you stopped thinking of me as your friend."--Usually happened during high school with people that didn't know me well enough to judge me (still am) and insisted on asking me insane questions in the hallway.

● "That statement is factually incorrect. I know you are wrong and the more you try to convince me you are right, the lower my opinion of you is getting." by thinking of it, the best i often did was just a smirk on my face .. -.- maybe I'll try a loud "EHHHHHHHH!" like a game show buzzer. Sometimes that's fun. :) #imsuchameanie to have that thought!

No comments: