Wednesday, November 23, 2011

: What is priceless to you?



My dog, dolphy
He drives me insane sometimes by his demanding act, each day drives me crazy by running around, tripping over to tell me how his day was. But then I realize how happy he is. To see ME. That's something.

The snuggles, encouragement, validation, etc.
Who doesn’t love snuggles? Fun to give, fun to receive, and guaranteed to make a bad day better. When I doubt myself or hesitate in making a decision, he’ll be there to tell me to go for it. And when I’m having an ”I feel fat/ugly/bloated” day and nothing looks right, he’ll still tell me I’m beautiful…or tell me, “Get over it.”

Discovering our rituals
I have my Ways I Like Things from years, and his. How will they work together? Who feeds the dog? Who takes the first shower? Will we make time for each other in the morning, at night, or both? Will we go out to brunch every Sunday or take turns cooking and read to each other? Endless possibilities.

The cooking
A Bowl of hot noodles awaits me warms my heart every single time..

Sharing a space
I love being utterly myself in a shared space. It adds a layer of security and acceptance to the relationship. And it almost makes it MORE fun when we get dressed up and go out on a date.

A good laugh
I love laughing. I do it a lot. But you know those laughs that just bubble up inside of you and make your whole body feel alive and amazing? I LOVE those laughs.

Ice cream
This is probably my favorite dessert ever. I usually go for plain vanilla from ikea or Oreo Mc Flury, but do like stuff like corn flakes milk yogurt too. Ice cream can fix a bad mood ANYDAY.

Last, but most definitely not least: my amazing partner.
He puts up with me, he listens to me, he tries hard ALL THE TIME. I'm incredibly blessed. (Oh, and he's the cause of most of my laughter, so we really do make a great match.)

No comments: