Friday, December 23, 2011

Completely Ridiculous Reasons I'll Bawl Like a Baby



I'm not a crier. Period. I've actually had friends look shocked when I've cried, and have even had one friend go so far as to ask, "Emm, can I hug you?" But there are a few reasons that I will immediately cry...no BAWL...like a baby. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. Any animal related tragedy--My mom often tells the story of one Saturday morning when I was about nine and I came rushing towards her SOBBING. she finally dragged out that I had just completed my first viewing of "Where the Red Fern Grows". To this day, I never watch it again, same goes for "Hachiko".

2. Any unexpected kindness or goodness in a person (real or fictional)--Usually if I'm watching a movie and a questionable character suddenly reveals pure motives. I'm DONE. Oh, and don't even get me started on if someone whom I don't really care for or know gives me a hug when I'm angry or upset.DONE.

3. Unsolicited kindness--A few years ago, I was going through an extremely difficult time in my life. Without prodding, one of my friends looked at me for a moment and then out of nowhere said, "You're a good person, you know that?" Sheesh! I'm getting all teary even thinking about it.(BTW, if you're thinking something nice about someone, SAY IT. You never know how much your words can mean to someone in that moment.)

4. Any time one of my friends is broken and hurting--I'm usually the "strong" (read: "practical", "levelheaded", or "Encourager") one in my friendships, but I can't handle it when one of my favorite people bawls in front of me.

5. Getting so angry I could break something--Every once in awhile, I'll get so mad, the tears flow like a river. And then I get more mad because I'm crying. Gah!! (Furious Minx)


What gets your waterworks going?


Minxy: So that you know. I am, a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece, a cousin and a friend. A partner and a student. A young girl and a grown woman. I am confident and scared, terrified and excited. I am loving, caring, thoughtful and hopeful. I am sick and tired. I am shy and friendly, careful and careless. I am broken and whole. I am misunderstood, mi-guided and mislead. I am hardworking and determined, but a little scared on the inside. I wish on stars and dream my dreams. I pray to God and cry my tears. I smile on the outside while am hurting on the inside. I listen to others who wont listen to me. I walk on eggshells and i walk on fire. I believe in passion and true love. I am everything and nothing all at once. -- But I'm Happy

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: