Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The River Flows In You

If I ought to do a mix of all Ellie's songs, I'd something like this:


You change your positions, you're changing me, casting these shadows where they shouldn't be. And the night turns into you, 'cus my mind is on you. You can break everything but so what ? I can take anything. You've stolen all my senses, there's a fever in my heart and the world dances to the rhythm of it's own heart beating for you. So we burst into colors and carousels, next thing we're touching when you look at me is like you hit me with lighting.

Like all the boys before, like all the boys boys boys.. you're not the answer, I should know, like all the boys before. We've only ever kissed lying down, we've only ever touched when there's no one else around. It's clear to see why you puzzle me. Who are you to make me feel so good ? Who am I to chose the boy that everyone adores? I don't like the way I never listen to myself, I don't think you want me much at all. Who am I to say I'm always yours ?

It starts with forever and it ends with a touch and I know that you're clever and I don't ask for much, but when the storm is over, you won't see me again. Oh, the carelessness of running away. It's a shame you don't know what you're running from, what a waste, what a waste, what a waste... But you're the risk I'll always take.

I left my house, left my clothes, door wide open, heaven knows you're so worthy... you are. I wish I could be all for you, if I could erase the pain, maybe you'd feel the same. Let's tie words cus they amount to nothing. Pretend you can't take what you've found, but you found me.

We're under the sheets and you're killing me...


Yeah, something like that :)

No comments: